Have you ever wanted to check out new features that the Google Chrome team has hidden away inside of the DevTools? Well, now you can!
To enable experiments inside of the Google Chrome DevTools follow these simple steps:
- Type chrome://flags/ into your browser
- Scroll down to “Enable Developer Tools experiments” and click enable
- Restart Chrome
- Open up DevTools
- Click on the gear icon — it’s typically on the top right or bottom right
- Select experiments from the menu on the left
- Enable some of the experiments and try them out!
Enable Hidden/Secret DevTools Experiments
If you press shift 6 times, yes that’s right 6 times, it will display even MORE hidden and secret experiments! To name a few of these experiments: Accessibility Inspection, Animation Inspection, Dock to left and GPU data on the timeline.
The best of these, in my opinion, is Animation Inspection. With this, the DevTools now have a built in easing editor! Just click on your easing declaration and the editor will pop up.
Like always, if you want to live on the bleeding edge and have more options to choose from download Google Chrome Canary.
Let me know in the comments which experiments are your favorite.